What data do we collect?
River Cleanup collects the following personal identification information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Profile picture
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide River Cleanup with the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online to participate in a cleanup
- Organize a cleanup
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
River Cleanup collects your data so that we can:
- Count and communicate total number participant to the River Cleanup you joined
- Relay info in case the organizer of the event is unable to communicate (anymore) with the participants
- Contact you in case of cancellation or force majeure
If you agree, River Cleanup will share your data with the organizer of the cleanup for which you registered so he/she can inform you about the latest changes and practical info about the cleanup.
How do we store your data?
River Cleanup securely stores your data at Amsterdam, a Tier 3 data centre. We take strict security measures to prevent misuse of and unauthorized access to your personal data. This way we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to your data is protected and that our security measures are checked regularly. In addition, we use SSL certificates for the secure transfer of your data and your communication with us.
River Cleanup will keep your login details and personal identification information as long as you are an active user on our website or until you delete your data or unsubscribe from our newsletter.
River Cleanup would like to send you information about our action, upcoming events and activities. You may unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time.
What are your data protection rights?
River Cleanup would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request River Cleanup for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that River Cleanup correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request River Cleanup to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure — You have the right to request that River Cleanup erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that River Cleanup restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to River Cleanup’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that River Cleanup transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at: +32478444610, or write to us: River Cleanup vzw, Kromstraat 1, 9667, Horebeke, Belgium
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Remember your preferred language
- Google Analytics
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality — River Cleanup uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. Also remain logged in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytic - With analytical cookies we collect information about the use of our website and we see which information you find useful or redundant (Google).
- Advertising — River Cleanup uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. River Cleanup sometimes shares some limited
aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Use of images / videos
You agree River Cleanup can use your images and videos uploaded on our website or shared with us in any way. River Cleanup can use them in our aftermovies, campaigns and promotions on social media in order to create more awareness.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: +32478444610
Or write to us at: River Cleanup vzw, Kromstraat 1, 9667 Horebeke, Belgium
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that River Cleanup has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/